Monday, September 1, 2014

California Club Sandwich


This is a great sandwich!! My whole family loved it, and it's filling enough to eat on those nights you don't want to do a lot of cooking. I can't take credit for the recipe though, I found it over at Emily Bites (she has some awesome Weight Watcher friendly recipes!)


Here's what you'll need: center cut bacon, low-fat mayonnaise, fresh basil leaves, lime juice, light wheat bread, deli turkey, avocado, lettuce leaves and tomato.


Cook bacon until crispy, set aside to cool on a paper towel to drain some of the grease.


In a small bowl, combine the mayo, basil and lime juice; stir until well combined & set aside.


Slice the tomato & avocado....


...toast the bread.


On one slice of bread spread 1 tablespoon of the mayo mixture, and top with 2 oz turkey and sliced avocado. On the other slice of bread, top with lettuce, tomato and 2 bacon slices.


Flip the lettuce side over onto the turkey side to form your sandwich. Repeat with the 3 remaining sandwiches. Cut in half and serve. ENJOY

California Club Sandwich
Serves 4 - 8 Weight Watcher Points Plus

Ingredients:
  • 8 slices center cut bacon
  • 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves, minced
  • 8 sliced light wheat bread
  • 8 oz sliced deli turkey
  • 1 medium avocado, cut into quarters
  • 4 lettuce leaves
  • 4 tomato slices
Directions:
Cook bacon until crispy, set aside to cool on a paper towel to drain some of the grease.

In a small bowl, combine the mayo, basil and lime juice; stir until well combined & set aside. 

Slice the tomato & avocado, and toast the bread.

On one slice of bread spread 1 tablespoon of the mayo mixture, and top with 2 oz turkey and sliced avocado. On the other slice of bread, top with lettuce, tomato and 2 bacon slices.

Flip the lettuce side over onto the turkey side to form your sandwich. Repeat with the 3 remaining sandwiches. Cut in half and serve. ENJOY

9 comments:

  1. This is fantastic I love bacon but need to lose weight so this is perfect for me. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too!!! Try finding Center Cut Bacon...it's so much better than Turkey bacon...I can't stand that stuff haha

      Delete
  2. DROOOOL! We are just about to have lunch, leftovers, this looks sooo much better!
    Great photos too, visiting from Blogging Mommy Meetup,
    Cinella @ The Mami Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! So much better than just a BLT! And healthier with less bacon and more other delicious stuff. I would love it if you would bring this recipe over to my recipe link party The Yuck Stops Here at Hot Momma's Kitchen Chaos! I hope to see you there soon! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invite!! I'll stop by :)

      Delete
    2. Just stopping by to let you know that I'll be featuring this AWESOME recipe on The Yuck Stops Here tomorrow! Come by anytime after 6 PM ET to pick up you "I've Been Featured" button. Thanks so much for stopping by & CONGRATS!

      Delete
  4. LOVE your recipe and what you are doing here. I need to be much more strict on my ww, and your site is going to help me. Thanks for linking up at Wonderful Wed. Blog Hop. I featured you on my fb page. Carrie, A Mother's Shadow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I struggle day to day staying on plan, so I do what I can do! I have always looked for blogs to help me with meal ideas and never have been able to find what I was looking for...so that's a big reason I started Weight Watcher mom as well!

      Delete

UA-56257148-1